- Plants With Purpose
- Participant Information
- Exhibitor Information
- Event App
- Trade Show
- Fashion Show
Thanks to Ball Seed for sponsoring the Emerging Leaders education event at the 2018 Western.
TWO Great Opportunities for Emerging Leaders to connect at the 2018 Western!
Micro Mentoring Lunch - Ticketed Event (limited to 20 young professionals)
$20 Ticket - includes lunch!
Emerging Leaders Coffee and Discussion (open to all horticulture professionals 35 and under)
FREE for Western attendees!
See below for details on both!
Coffee & Discussion
Join other horticulture professionals 35 and under for coffee and a morning of discussion and networking at the 2018 Western. Jamie Berry with UMKC will be on hand to facilitate an interactive discussion on some of the challenges and opportunities facing young professionals in the industry. This is a great opportunity to make new connections and meet young professionals from throughout the Midwest! The coffee and discussion is free to attend - just show up!
Micro Mentoring Lunch Details:
Join young professionals and seasoned industry leaders for a lunchtime discussion. This is an excellent chance to connect with successful leaders who have made an impact on the horticulture industry. Ask questions, hear their views on the industry, career development, and the future of horticulture, and build your network. Tables will be assigned and will have 2 young professionals meeting with each industry leader.
Industry Leaders include:
- Sandi Hillermann McDonald, President
- Hillermann Nursery & Florist
- #54 on the 2017 Garden Center Magazine's Top 100 list
- Sid Raisch
- Rick Barrett, Owner / Landscape Architect
- Cameron Rees, General Manager
- Bryan Kinghorn, President
- Kim Young, Vice President and General Manager
- Reed Dillon, Landscape Architect
- Jim Mason, Landscape Architect
- Country Landscapes
- Instructor, DMACC
- Chuck Hamernik
- Bluebird Nursey
- VP, Administration & Finance
- Kunso Kim, Vice President of Gardens