- Plants With Purpose
- Participant Information
- Exhibitor Information
- Event App
- Trade Show
- Fashion Show
The 2018 Fashion Show New Plants - a Discussion with the Growers
Join us to discuss the plants you'll see on the 2018 Fashion Show runway! Representatives from the companies will be on hand to talk about their new plants for 2018, discuss the direction they think plant breeding is headed and answer your questions.
- Robert Clark, Bailey Nurseries
- Robert has 36 years’ experience in the horticulture industry - 21 years in production and 15 years in sales. He began working for a large Midwest wholesale nursery at the age of 14, part-time after school and summers. Robert attended collage at Kirkwood Community College, University of Nebraska and Iowa State University. In 2002, he began working in sales at Bailey Nurseries, Inc where his current sales territory is NE, southern half of western IA, KS, and western MO. Robert also served on Iowa Nursery & Landscapes Board of Directors from 2000-2003 and was Bailey Nurseries Sales Leader of the Year Award winner 2007 & 2012. His interests include various outdoor activities, weight training, coaching youth sports, and plants. Robert and his wife, Twyla Clark, have two children, Tasha Clark and Garrett Clark.
- Jeff Pipp, Spring Meadow Nursery
- Jeff Pipp is an account manager at Spring Meadow Nursery and serves nurseries and garden centers throughout the western United States and Canada. In his position, he works with his customers to provide them with the most consistent and highest quality shrub liners on the market. He is a graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics. Prior to joining Spring Meadow Nursery, he worked in the laboratory design and equipment industry. In his free time, he enjoys running and is an avid rower.
- Greenleaf Nursery Company
- Nandine Champlin, representing UpShoot, LLC
- Nadine, owner of Prairie Place Designs, LLC is Grimm's Gardens senior landscape designer. Prairie Place Designs LLC was created by Nadine in January of 2005, to provide affordable professional landscape design in the rural areas of Kansas, Nebraska & Missouri. Listening to the customer’s needs and wants is necessary in providing a personal design. Incorporating shade and wind protection for comfort in all seasons is a must in the Midwest temperate climate. Nadine has a Horticulture Science Degree with emphasis in landscape design. She has experience working for 4 nurseries in Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas and specializes in Midwest design.
- Moderated by Bill Calkins, Ball Horticultural Company
- As Retail Business Manager at Ball Horticultural Company, Bill Calkins capitalizes on his retail garden center background to spot the latest trends and creative strategies, positioning products and developing programs for retail garden centers and the growers that supply them. Bill earned a Bachelor’s degree in English from Cleveland State University, oftentimes attending class in his mulch-covered work clothes. After writing for industry trade magazines for seven years, Bill joined the Ball Horticultural Marketing Department in 2007. He’s an avid gardener who spends spring, summer and fall digging in the dirt.