Student Advisory Committee
Horticulture students from colleges and universities in the Midwest are invited to join the Western Nursery & Landscape Association's Student Advisory Committee.
The Student Advisory Committee for the Western Nursery & Landscape Association was established in 2016 to strengthen the ties between the association, the industry and Midwestern horticulture students. Each committee member serves a 2-year term on the Committee.
The Student Advisory Committee is charged with developing ideas and recommendations on educational programming, networking opportunities and other member benefits that would better serve WNLA’s student members now and into the start of their horticulture careers. Following a Committee meeting, the Student Advisory Committee will meet with the WNLA Board of Directors to share their ideas and recommendations and will work together with the Board and with WNLA Staff to develop and implement these initiatives.
Sven Svenson, Ph.D. of Southeast Missouri State University will moderate the Student Advisory Committee discussion at the 2018 Western.
The 2018 Western Student Advisory Committee is below.
- Vince Metz, Iowa State University
- Tyler Wood, Southeast Missouri State University
- Madison Culley, Kansas State University
- Kayla Johnson, University of Nebraska – Omaha
- Blake Kruse, Oklahoma State University
- Kelsey Tarrell, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Melanie Stollhans, Southeast Missouri State University
- Connor Evers, Iowa State University
- Markis Hill, Kansas State University
- Olivia Kmitta, Oklahoma State University
Thanks to the following companies for sponsoring the 2018 Student Advisory Committee and investing in the next generation of green industry professional!
- Cedar Valley Nurseries
- Hartmoor Farms
- Hermes Landscaping
- Loma Vista Nursery
- Randy’s Lawn Services
- Kinghorn Gardens
- Suburban Lawn & Garden
- Greenleaf Nurseries
- Country Landscapes, Inc.
- Great Plains Nursery
- KAT Wholesale Outdoor