WNLA Education Series
The Western Nursery & Landscape Association offers five Education Series designed to provide year-round education via webinars and in-person education! The webinars are free for members and provide an opportunity to hear about horticulture industry trends and gather business knowledge year-round from the comfort of your office.
- New Plants Series: Join the region's top plant breeders and growers as they discuss their new plant introductions. Ask questions and share your experiences with these plants. These webinars are designed to keep you ahead of the new plant trends!
- Greening the Industry Series: Join other horticulture professionals who are interested in sustainability and in what the horticulture industry can do to develop, promote and implement sustainable solutions. Share your challenges, frustrations and successes. Hear from those on the cutting-edge of sustainability work - what's working, what isn't working and how do we embrace the green future.
- Native Plants Series: Join other WNLA members who are interested in native plants and their uses in horticulture.
- Management Series: We know you face many decisions and challenges as small business owners. This webinar series is designed to discuss some of those challenges - from succession planning to hiring practices, regulatory requirements to legal issues, these webinars will make sure you're aware of key business issues so you can spend more time with the plant side of your business and less time dealing with pesky management problems.
- Emerging Leaders Series: Generation X & Y are moving into management roles, leading staff, and assuming responsibility for family companies. This webinar series is designed to discuss some of the issues the 30-something year old manager faces. How do you help facilitate the retirement of the preceeding generation? How do you balance multi-generational staff? How do you make the move from doing the work to managing how the work gets done? This webinar series is designed with new managers in mind to help you make the move from staff to leader.