The Western Nursery & Landscape Association (WNLA) is the trade association for independent horticultural companies in the Midwest. Members include independent retailers; landscape maintenance, contractors, designers & architects; wholesale and greenhouse growers; plant breeders; horticultural suppliers and distributors; and those involved in horticultural education, including professors, extension professionals and students. WNLA is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization.
Our Mission Statement
WNLA provides education, networking, and trade opportunities to help our green industry members thrive.
As your association, WNLA is committed to:
- Engage and grow the next generation
- Promote Plants with Purpose™
- Provide enriching professional development opportunities at all levels
- Support a network of green industry companies
- Advocate for a greener world
Membership with WNLA is an affordable membership of $75 per company annually. All staff of a member company are considered WNLA members and receive the member benefits below. Click here to join or renew your membership dues. As a Western Nursery & Landscape Association member you can:
- Participate in the Emerging Leaders group or CEO / Owner Breakfast Club
- Join free webinars throughout the year
- Watch on-demand, recorded webinars from our webinar library
- Access the online Career Center to post job openings for free
- Participate in education focused on Management, New Plants, Plants With Purpose™ & Native Plants
- Connect with other horticultural companies online through the member and exhibitor search and in-person at the Western with networking events such as the Western Pub and the Wednesday Evening Reception
- Enjoy discounted registration to the annual Western trade show and educational event on Jan. 16-18, 2019 in Kansas City, MO
Presented by the Western Nursery & Landscape Association, the Western is the Midwest regional trade show and education event. Join in a conversation at one of the Learning Centers or Resource Centers on the trade show floor. Participate in a roundtable discussion. Join us for a beer and networking at the Wednesday Evening Reception or Thursday Happy Hour. Check out all that Kansas City has to offer by jumping on a free trolley to restaurants and bars. The Western is the place to be on Jan. 16, 17 & 18, 2019 for education sessions, networking opportunities and the trade show.
The Western Nursery & Landscape Association was founded in 1890 when a group of forward-thinking horticulture industry leaders decided to get together with other excellent nursery firms west of the Mississippi River and create the Western Nurseryman's Association. The name was later updated to Western Nursery and Landscape Association. While now a Midwestern trade association, in 1890 this area was the West!