The Western Nursery & Landscape Association is the trade association for independent horticultural companies in the Midwest. Members include independent retailers; landscape maintenance, contractors, designers & architects; wholesale and greenhouse growers; plant breeders; horticultural suppliers and distributors; and those involved in horticultural education, including professors, extension professionals and students. WNLA is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization.
As your association, WNLA is committed to:
- Engage and interact with members on a year-round basis.
- Celebrate Plants with PurposeTM while highlighting and promoting the economic, environmental and quality of life benefits of horticulture.
- Create a community for green industry professionals to interact and develop professional relationships that will enhance their lives and careers.
- Engage the next generations of horticulture professionals and deliver relative content based on input.
- Hold an annual trade show & educational event - the Western - that includes exhibitors and programming that meets the needs of landscape professionals and retail garden centers.
- Provide educational and networking opportunities year-round. Members can participate in webinars each year as part of 4 education series on new plants, native plants, management, and Plants with PurposeTM - webinars designed for the next generation of horticulture professionals.
- Connect with your colleagues face-to-face as on the summer Western trip.
Presented by the Western Nursery & Landscape Association, the Western is the Midwest regional trade show and education event. Join in a conversation at one of the Learning Centers on the trade show floor. Participate in a roundtable discussion. Join us for a beer and networking at the Western Pub or the Wednesday Evening Reception. Check out all that Kansas City has to offer by jumping on a free trolley to restaurants and bars. The Western is the place to be on Jan. 17 & 18, 2019 for education sessions, networking opportunities and the trade show.
Member Value Statement
The Western Nursery and Landscape Association is committed to providing educational and networking opportunities to its members. Member companies receive:
- Discounted registration to the annual Western
- Access to free live and on-demand webinars
- Annual Western Summer Trip
- Access to the online Career Center
- A network of Midwestern horticultural companies
- Opportunity to be involved on a regional level
The Western Nursery & Landscape Association was founded in 1890 when a group of forward-thinking horticulture industry leaders decided to get together with other excellent nursery firms west of the Mississippi River and create the Western Nurseryman's Association. The name was later updated to Western Nursery and Landscape Association. While now a Midwestern trade association, in 1890 this area was the West!
Our Mission Statement
Since 1890, the Western continues its long-standing tradition as a regional, value oriented and interactive platform. Our purpose is to provide a social and educational networking event creating, engaging and building sustainable relationships for all who members.