The Western Nursery & Landscape Association was founded in 1890 when a group of forward-thinking horticulture industry leaders decided to get together with other excellent nursery firms west of the Mississippi River and create the Western Nurseryman's Association. Hence the name Western Nursery and Landscape Association. While now a Midwestern trade association, in 1890 this area was the West! Check out the tabs on the right-hand side for a more detailed history of WNLA.
The Western Nursery & Landscape Association continues to be the trade association for horticultural companies in the Midwest.
As your association, WNLA is committed to:
- Engaging and interacting with members on a year-round basis.
- Celebrating Plants with PurposeTM while highlighting and promoting the environmental and social benefits of horticulture.
- Creating a community for green industry professionals to interact and develop professional relationships that will enhance their lives and careers.
- Engaging the next generations of horticulture professionals and deliver relative content based on input.
- Holding an annual trade show & educational event - the Western - that includes exhibitors and programming that meets the needs of landscape professionals and retail garden centers.
Since 1890, the Western continues its long-standing tradition as a regional, value oriented and interactive platform. Our purpose is to provide a social and educational networking event creating, engaging and building sustainable relationships for all members.